I am doing 1/4 size so I made 25 of these Double Diamond blocks. I used the stitch and flip method so now I have many small bonus triangles.
Clue 3 was pretty simple except that I did not measure after I had sewn any of the strips together (and of course my seam allowance was set extra scant for something else I was sewing) so everything was off by the time I had the four 2inch strips together. Lots of re-sewing ensued!
I did not have enough scraps in Bonnie's colors so I decided to go with this. I am using red for pink, light green for turquoise, a very dark green for her green. I'm using 2 yellows that are very similar as my yellow, this one black snowflake and my neutral is a very light grayish-whiteish batik, and possibly other bits. This will be my third time doing a Bonnie mystery, but I only have one quilt top to show for it. I completed the Celtic Solstice top a couple of weeks ago.
Tiny trees! I love these, tho I'd love to make more, I should stay with these, add a border and have it done by this Christmas. I saw these trees on Diary of a Quilter. She has great tutorials.
2.5" Leaders and Enders
The pile of 2 patches was getting larger so I started laying them out on the design wall. Next will be to sew them in to 4 patches and on from there. I'll be using these as leader/ender for the Grand Illusion mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I'm running low on 2.5" colored squares, however. Need to check the stash to find some I haven't cut into strips yet, there are several for sure. I haven't decided how many of each fabric I want in it. There are a bunch that have 2 and I could make it much bigger quicker if I did 3 or 4 of each fabric, but I also like the idea of 'one of each fabric'. So who knows.
I've had these blocks around for months. I have more of the 16 patches, about 10, but this is all the X blocks I have. Its made from 3 1/2 in. unfinished squares, and it already fills my design board. I guess I was thinking I'd make a queen size when I started. Also I miscalculated and cut about 100 more blue squares than I'd need for even a king size. There will very likely be more quilts with these squares! I used 53 different fabrics in all the blocks I have. I'd love to get this finished but am intimidated by the size.
I am trying to finish my reduced version of Celtic Solstice before Bonnie Hunter starts this years mystery quilt.
I am going to add a solid blue border and then call it done. I love the pattern but I would have chosen my fabrics differently if I had known the finished design. I would love to make this again in a whole new colorway.