Monday, December 1, 2014

Clue 1 !


Yay! Its happening!
I am doing Christmas colors for the Grand Illusion Mystery. 


I did not have enough scraps in Bonnie's colors so I decided to go with this. I am using red for pink, light green for turquoise, a very dark green for her green. I'm using 2 yellows that are very similar as my yellow, this one black snowflake and my neutral is a very light grayish-whiteish batik, and possibly other bits. This will be my third time doing a Bonnie mystery, but I only have one quilt top to show for it. I completed the Celtic Solstice top a couple of weeks ago. 


Check out what everyone else is making on Quiltville blog link up. 


9 comments:

  1. Your Celtic Solstice is gorgeous! And I absolutely love the Christmas decision on the new mystery. Can't wait to see how it looks when you're done. So far it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color substitutions and your Celtic Solstice is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Celtic Solstice! I think doing the GIMQ in christmas colors is brilliant! Will be fun to see your top completed.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think my comment went through!! What colors did you use in your Celtic Solstice? Its so different from mine, can you tell me what substitutions you made? I LOVE it! I really like your Grand Illusion color scheme too...those black snowflakes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! I used Christmas colors for the Celtic Solstice. I finished the top, but didn't get the borders on yet, so I don't have a photo. When I finish it I will email you a copy. I don't think mine looks very "Christmasy" because of the way the colors distributed---you can let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas fabrics look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Christmas colours! (me too). Your Celtic Solstice looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas colors are going to look great! What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing your Celtic Solstice photo. Love the grey/silver you used for your neutral. The colors look so rich.

    ReplyDelete